GUIDE FOR THE APPLICANTS
Gap Year Program
We look forward to learning about you through your application. We encourage you to spend time reflecting on who you are and what is meaningful to you. In your submission, be true to yourself and allow your genuine voice to come through. We approach the admission process with sincere respect for you, and we will give your application serious consideration. We wish you all the best.
Process and Guidelines
We are looking for curious and spirited candidates who are keen to take up this exciting journey of exploration and opportunities. The students would be assessed for admission on the basis of their zeal and interest to explore and learn more than what is provided for. Your intellectual curiosity, participation in extracurricular activities and commitment to your best performance are the most important credentials.
The gap year costs 2.0 L INR [USD 2700] (inclusive of taxes, hostel accommodation, all meals, travel expenses, workshops, field visits)
Scholarship Philosophy: We do not want students to drop out of learning due to a lack of funds. Merit-cum-means scholarships are available.
What the fee does not include: Internship costs (if any).
Young explorers from all across the world are welcome to join the gap year. India is a sought-after destination for gap years. We invite international applicants to join us in this exciting journey. Our program is a combination of travel, workshops, career mentorship, and projects. Through IGenPlus Gap Year, you will be able to explore India from close quarters while building your own skills and finding your career interests.
- Duration: The program is for 3 months. You spend 1 month (15 days in August and 15 days in October) on campus covering a wide range of subjects, engaging in peer to peer learning, understanding self, and getting your hands dirty through intensive projects. You will be traveling extensively during the later half of August exploring India through a different lens altogether. September is booked for a complete on ground experience working with the organisations spearheading the fields of your choosing. We consolidate and wrap the course during October with another engaging and intense month of on campus experience reflecting on and learning through the three month journey.
- Accommodation: The gap year is hosted in our comfortable and secure campus of Rishihood University in Delhi NCR. The cost is included in the program fee.
- Food: The dining facilities are on campus. The cost is included in the program fee.
- Application: International applicants can use the same form given on the website to apply for the program.
- Visa: After selection, applicants will receive a letter from our organization to apply for a visa.
- International Travel: The closest airport is Delhi which is around 90 minutes from the campus. Delhi has frequent flights from all international destinations. We will organize a pick-up from the airport for outstation students.
How to Apply
There are 6 sections to the application form as follows:
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are required to submit basic particulars about yourself like name, age, contact details, etc.
- INFORMATION OF THE PARENTS/ GUARDIANS
You are required to submit basic particulars about your family.
You are required to submit two academic references. Please read more about this in the FAQs.
- BACKGROUND AND INTERESTS
- You are required to provide information about your school and domain interests
- CREATIVE SUBMISSION
This section is to assess your intent, creativity, and presentation. There is an option to submit the first question in the section either in the form of a video or an essay. Please follow the specification of word or time limit.
This section is for those students who want to apply for the scholarship. In case you want to avail it, please make sure that you respond to all the questions in this section. For further information please refer to the FAQs.
The candidates shortlisted from the application submissions would be invited for a personal interview. The selection panel would involve in a friendly conversation with the students to know more about the student. The assessment would be on the basis of the student’s knowledge of the world beyond books, confidence, sincerity, and eagerness to learn.