This event is over. See upcoming events
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
This course takes participants through an exploration of the ancient Vedic Vision, the fundamentals of Bharatiya Kalachara, ancient insights on purpose and pathways of life, symbols and underlying symbolisms and Vedic conception of the human mind and its potentials.
Nrithya JagannathanxNrithya JagannathanNrithya Jagannathan is a senior yoga therapist from the Krishnamacharya tradition. With over 18 years of teaching experience, she is currently the Director of the KYM Institute of Yoga Studies, Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Chennai India. This is the training and certification wing of the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram. She has traveled extensively around the world to teach Yoga and Vedic Chanting and is a certified therapist from the International Association of Yoga Therapists (C- IAYT). she is also an E-RYT 500 with the Yoga Alliance. A classical bharathanatyam dancer, choreographer and teacher as well, Nrithya is passionate about Indian culture and yoga philosophy. She is also the Editor in Chief of Darsanam, the Quarterly Journal on Yoga and Yoga Cikitsa of the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram.
The one-time fee for the whole course would be Rs. 5000/-
Date & Time
December 3 ( 2 days a week) Monday and Thursday 5 PM to 6 PM
Online-interactive course for
children aged 10-15 years
- To offer a practical understanding of many models and concepts from the Vedic, Puranic and Yogic traditions that have so much insight to offer in the 21st century;
- To offer a space for reflection on why we do what we do and what, therefore, is our path.
This course takes participants through an exploration of the ancient Vedic Vision, the fundamentals of Bharatiya Kalachara, ancient insights on purpose and pathways of life, symbols, and underlying symbolism, and Vedic conception of the human mind and its potentials. This 30-hour course is designed to take participants through an immersive experience of the multi-textured, multi-hued fabric of the Bharatiya Samskriti, or in modern terms, culture. Over and above the commonly misunderstood notion of Indian culture as “Hinduism”, the millennia-old living culture of India and her citizens is a fascinating story that has flowed and evolved over the ages, holding as its connecting thread a vision of a connected universe, emerging from a single source and manifesting in myriad forms, known and experienced through a variety of languages of expression.
- Explore the basics of Indian culture
- Learn life lessons from Bhagwad Geeta
- Enhance emotional efficiency
- Acquire practical knowledge from Vedic concepts
- Gain insight into your purpose
- Set on a self-reflective journey
- A practical pathway to understanding and working with the mind
- Discover the Vedic vision of the macro and microcosmos
- Learn about ‘Evolution’ – an Indian perspective
- Understand ‘Dharma’ – the order that sustains the universe
- An exploration of the concept of karma, is life a choice or chance?
- Recognize the purpose of life – why are we here? Where do we go?
- Unveil the Secrets of Stories– insights on life and living from the Purana and Itihasas
- Know the legacy of the Bhagavadgita