This event is over. See upcoming events
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Manmeet KaurxManmeet KaurManmeet Kaur is the Head of Gender and Equity programmes at Transform Schools. She is an English literature graduate from Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi University, and has a Masters in Gender and Development from Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex. She is a storyteller on the dining table, mostly too lazy to really write. She loves engaging with teenagers and is forever awed by the depth of understanding they present.
Program Fee: INR 1500
This goal-setting workshop aims to help students convert their aspirations into reality. The content and pedagogy include experiential methods to make learning enjoyable and effective.
Setting and achieving goals is a life skill necessary for succeeding in modern times. Adolescents can find it particularly challenging to focus as there is simply too much going on. This workshop is designed to attain the following objectives:
- Help young people learn about themselves
- Allow participants to find patterns in the things they like to do
- Dive deeper into how aspirations are formed and realized
These takeaways will be useful in both personal and professional spheres.
Research shows that children learn best through experiences. This online workshop follows a hands-on format to involve young learners. A mix of activities will be used to deliver a memorable and lasting impact. Some of the tasks covered in the two-day period include:
- Journal Writing – The teen edition of self-reflection
- Storytelling – Conversational tools for difficult times
- Interest Map – A New Year bucket list aligned with deep-seated passions
- Vision Board – The ‘north star’ for avoiding confusion and staying on track
SKILLS PARTICIPANTS WILL GAIN
- Integrating mindfulness in everyday life
- Learning to be cognizant of ambitions
- Understanding how to translate goals and aspirations into action
- Building a growth mindset and finding ways to accelerate self-development
Other practical and soft skills:
- Articulating thoughts and feelings through written and other creative mediums
- Dealing with identity, life challenges, and structural barriers