5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
A 5 Day interactive workshop for mind, body and soul
Dr. Padmaja SureshxDr. Padmaja SureshAn acclaimed exponent and researcher, Dr. Padmaja has been trained by prominent Gurus, her mentor being Guru K.Kalyanasundaram and father, Sri Chakyar Rajan. She holds several degrees and a doctorate in Philosophy and dance. She has performed at major dance festivals extensively in India, the Rashtrapati Bhavan, Raj Bhavans and been delegated by ICCR. She has given concerts, lectures, and workshops in over 32 nations. Her institution Atmalaya has a wing Kala Chaitanya, for propagating arts for lesser privileged children. She serves as an external examiner of doctoral and master’s theses at some institutions. Her books Tantra the Science and Natya the Art, and The Liberating dance have been well appreciated. She is a dance columnist- Metaphysics in Natya, and her research papers have been published in international conferences and newspapers. She had directed a TV serial called Natyatantra. She was on the panel of Natyakala and Sangeet Natak Academy Natyashastra conferences last year at Chennai. Her titles include Nartana Nipuna, Bharatakala Sreshtha, Karamveer Chakra and Rex Global Fellow, Sri Subbaramaiah Trust award, and others.
Total Classes– 5
Number of Classes per Week– 2
Duration of each class– 1 hour
Batch size– 10
Age group– 13 to 17 years
Course Investment– INR 5,000
This online course includes storytelling sessions and activity-based lessons to evoke children’s natural explorative senses of discovering more about the world.
Training in performing arts like dance is an excellent way of encouraging all-round development of children and adolescents. It brings together the mind, body, and soul while acting as a creative outlet.
Art is a valuable tool for transforming education as it sensitizes people and implores them to look at the world holistically. Moreover, Indian classical dance forms are as good as Yoga, owing to their many health benefits and concentration-building powers. Bharatnatyam is a combination of Nritya (dance postures) and Natya (drama and poems), making it a creative medium for sensing, identifying, and communicating feelings and ideas.
- Wellness: Taking care of physical and emotional health by engaging in exercises that tone muscles, improve blood circulation, and act as spiritual therapy.
- Knowledge-building: Understanding the link between an ancient text and its relevance in contemporary times.
- Skill development: Becoming familiar with Bharatnatyam, learning some basic movements, and enhancing overall skills in Indian classical dance forms.
- Engage in storytelling through dance
- Learn basic Bharatanatyam movements
- Enhance your physical and emotional health
- Experience the spiritual magic of Indian Classical Dance
- Interact with and learn from Karamveer Chakra recipient
- Gain command over your expressions, narration and presentation skills
The classes will be divided into:
- Initial warm-up exercises involving limb movements and facial expressions
- Employability of gestures, free movement, and stylized representations
- Choreography with specific content, such as expression of a popular mythological tale
Additionally, the course will explore the origin and relevance of ancient Indian texts like the NatyaSastra. Participants will be encouraged to use Indian classical dance for influencing their mind-body-spirit and think about dance as a powerful channel for attaining universal peace.