LIFE LESSONS FROM CHANAKYAOnline course on Life Skills, comprising 11 sessions of 75 minutes, designed for a batch of 15 students.
- Chanakya was an extraordinary statesman with a clear vision and the brilliance to execute it. His life holds various lessons for school life and beyond. He is also an enigmatic figure from ancient India as there is no complete information about his life. So, students can conduct research and present their unique findings and perspectives.
- This online course aims to combine heritage knowledge with real-world application, building specific 21st-century skills relevant for personal and professional development of children.
- Critical Thinking: Reasoning, creative problem-solving, systems perspective, strategic innovation.
- Communication Skills: Narration, dialogue writing, debating, presentation, group interaction, public speaking.
- Decision-Making Skills: Research, active listening, situational analysis, empathetic insight.
- Value-Based Learning: Awareness, concentration, purpose, discipline, responsibility, understanding of the student-teacher relationship.
- Workplace Skills: Professionalism, integrity, planning, initiative, adaptability, self-regulation.
- Case study analysis: Devising solutions to a problem after studying Chanakya’s teachings and strategies.
- Simulation exercise: Taking on different roles to think, question, empathise, decide, and establish conclusions.
- Research & deliberation: Preparing a biography on Chanakya by synthesising information gained from class discussions and independent research.
- Presentation: Explaining findings and defending viewpoints through class presentations.
- Application: Analysing current and past issues of modern India, framing ideas based on Chanakya’s approach.
An MBA graduate from Mumbai University, Toral Shah is leading a couple of educational institutions in Hyderabad. Toral strongly believes that children should enjoy learning and employs a variety of innovative teaching methods to make it fun for her students. Recognizing that children need an open platform to voice their ideas and perspectives, she designed CHANAKYA, to foster creativity in students and to inspire them with the story of a legendary teacher who put the welfare of his people first and, along with his students, built one of the first and most powerful empires in the Indian subcontinent.
Age Group: 9+ years
Cost : INR 5000
It was a really interesting course. All the sessions were very engaging and enriching. Through this course, I have learned how to express my views more articulately, I have been encouraged to ask questions and I have gained a lot of knowledge about history as well especially the life of Chanakya and so much of his thought process.
Ekta Goel, Parent
I was really excited about this course, the name and content itself intrigued me. I am so glad I Made Aarav join this course. Thank you IGenPlus for choosing such a course for the students and the way ma’am related the sessions with them with practical situations in the present world, it has been very enriching for Aarav as well as me. I can see a boost in his confidence, he is asking more questions and giving his insights and perspectives as well.